Pay for your Plot
This page is for gardeners who have completed their online registration form and wish to pay online. Please register BEFORE paying for your plot.
Due to COVID-19 precautions, please make payments on our website via PayPal if possible. Checks can still be mailed, but be aware that we are only checking the mailbox once a week. Paying in person with cash will not be an option for the foreseeable future.
Checks can be addressed to "DCGP."
DCGP Office, 206 W 4th St. #214, Duluth, MN 55806
How to use this page:
- Select your plot fee from the "Garden Plot Sliding Scale Fee" drop down menu.
- Click "Add to Cart" immediately below the drop down menu. A paypal window showing your cart will open in your browser.
- If you do not wish to purchase tilling or make an additional donation, go to the paypal window and follow the prompts to check out.
- If you would like to purchase tilling, select your plot fee from the "Tilling Sliding Scale Fee" drop down menu and click "Add to Cart" immediately below. It will be added to your cart.
- If you would like to make an additional donation, select the value of your donation from the drop down menu and click "Add to Cart" immediately below. It will be added to your cart.
- At any point you can go to the pay pal window showing your cart to complete your purchase. If you cannot find that window, click the "View Cart" button at the bottom of this page and the window will open. Follow the paypal prompts to check out.
Garden Plot Fees
DCGP does not want anyone to be turned away due to inability to pay. If plot rental is prohibitive to your involvement call the office or email Starr@duluthcommunitygarden.org to make alternative arrangements.
If you are gardening with a group of people, consider the number of people in your group the "household size."
DCGP offers tilling services for a fee. Find more information about tilling here. The deadline to sign up and pay for spring is April 15th, 2020. Call the office or email Starr@duluthcommunitygarden.org with any questions.
Plots will be tilled in late April and throughout May. Plots wanting tilling must be cleared of all tools, infrastructure, large plant residues and other debris. DCGP Land Stewardship Committee will do its best to provide a schedule of tilling time and date at each garden. However, tilling is subject to weather, soil, and staffing schedule changes, so gardeners are encouraged to clear their plot early and keep it clear until their plots have been tilled.
Tilling is NOT possible for raised beds. Gardeners at HARRISON, DENFELD FOOD FOREST, ROOFTOP and GARY NEW DULUTH should not register for tilling.
The maintenance of each plot costs DCGP over $200. In order to keep plot fees affordable for gardeners who have low incomes, we are including the option to sponsor a garden plot by making a donation with your plot fee.
THANK YOU for helping others in your community grow healthy food for their families.